Version 3.8 - December 10, 2010
Version 3.8 is the final major release of Elegant Ribbon 3.8.
- BackstageView now supports three Office 2010 themes: Blue, Black and Silver. In the previous version only the Office 2010 TP theme was supported.
- Added a SplitContainer control.
- Added a NotifyIcon control (see screenshot 1 and screenshot 2).
- Improved startup and layout performance of the framework.
- Added a GroupBox control (see screenshot).
- You can now assign custom text to the buttons of the MessageBox (Button1Text, Button2Text and Button3Text).
- Improved scrolling performance of the ComboBox's Drop Down list.
- ScreenTip.Text property now supports multiline text.
- Enhanced usability in the Windows Forms Designer through new smart tags (see screenshot).
- Improved layout performance when rolling the mouse wheel over the ribbon tab line.
- Container controls like NavigationBar, Panel and BackstageView now support scrolling (see screenshot 1 and screenshot 2).
- Added a DropDownColorPicker control (see screenshot 1 and screenshot 2).
- Added a ColorPickerDialog control (see screenshot).
- Added a PinList control that allows you to pin selected items at the top of the list (see screenshot).
- Added support for separators in the Backstage View (see screenshot).
- Popup menus now support keyboard shortcuts.
- Backstage View now supports tab key navigation.
- Improved the border appearance of themed windows that have a fixed border style.
- SplitButton, Button, ToggleButton and DropDown controls now support a DescriptionText that can be used to display additional info or description in a gray color below the regular text (see screenshot).
- Added a ScrollableControl to make your container controls scrollable.
- Options and Exit buttons in the Application Menu are now localizable.
- Updated the Elegant Ribbon UI and Commands samples.
- When opening the BackstageView, controls with the same commands as those in the Quick Access toolbar became disabled.
- Layout problems when using large fonts in the status bar.
- Context Menu designer did not show up in cases when there were no other controls on the form.
- Parameter that specifies the default button in the MessageBox did not work.
- Incorrect keyboard selection in galleries.
- AltGr key in combination with another key showed a Key Tip though this was supposed to be used as a modifier.
- Repainting issue reported in the forum.