Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Elegant Ribbon on Windows Vista Collapse All
Subject Author Date
esraa khedr Oct 25, 2009 - 6:30 AM

Dear;

I have tried to use Elegant ribbon on Windows Vista but didn’t work!!!

how can i make it work?!!

Thanks

esraa khedr Oct 27, 2009 - 10:36 AM

Sorry for being imprecise; i will try to describe in detail

i did the setup of Elegenat Ribbon on my PC, then took the EXE of ribbon sample and tried to open them on other PCs but didn’t work.

then i installed Elegant Ribbon on these PCs, some accomplished the installation process and some did not. there was an error " couldn’t complete installation becuase (mscoree.dll) was not found "

Is there any prerequisites to make EXE work on different PCs and different operating systems?

thanks

Technical Support Oct 28, 2009 - 3:50 AM

Thank you for the details. The only reason for what you have reported is that there is no Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 installed on the machines you tried to run Elegant Ribbon samples on. See for example this knowledge base article:

PRB: "Mscoree.dll Could Not Be Found" Error Message When You Try to Run a .NET Executable File

Please note Elegant Ribbon applications can run only on machines where .Net 2.0 is installed:

http://www.prof-uis.com/elegant-ribbon/tech-support/faq/distribution.aspx

You can download Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 from this location:

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

esraa khedr Oct 28, 2009 - 6:32 AM

Thanks for reply

Actually i have tried this on multiple PCs one of them didn’t have .Net frame work and EXE worked well !!!!

Another one i tried to install Elegant but gave the error i mentioed before, when i tried to uninstall; couldn’t accomplish the uninstallation and crashed.

Another PC that contain .Net frame work. tried to setup Elegant and installation accomplished well. but when i tried to start the EXE crashed.

I dont know what is the problem, please support me with solutions for these scenarios

Thanks very muhc

Technical Support Oct 28, 2009 - 9:23 AM

The presence of .NET Framework is mandatory for using Elegant Ui. No component in our distribution package can work without .NET Framework. As for the application crash, please send us the error details, so we could help you efficiently.

Please also note that Windows Vista and Windows 7 comes with .NET Framework out of the box. So there is no need to install .NET Framework on these OSes. If an OS does not have .NET installed (e.g. Windows 2000 or Windows XP), you should install it manually as we described in the previous message.

You wrote Another PC that contain .Net frame work. tried to setup Elegant and installation accomplished well. but when i tried to start the EXE crashed.

Could you make a screenshot or provide more info about that?

Technical Support Oct 25, 2009 - 12:00 PM

Thank you for your feedback. Could you be more specific? What do you mean by "didn’t work"? Please let us know if we can reproduce the problem using a sample application coming with Elegant Ribbon?