Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Unbound control - getting to cells Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Alexander Kaay Jan 1, 2010 - 9:25 PM

Hi -

I am probably missing something obvious, but I am unable to get to the Cell instances [that are inside the grid]. I am using the control in unbound mode for performance reasons. 

Neither row nor column classes have anything like .Cells property. There are CellStyles and everything else imaginable, but no cells. There is no Cell constructor that will take row and column that I can find.... How do I get a cell reference in a populated unbound grid so that I can modify its contents? Thank you.

-A

Alexander Kaay Jan 5, 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thank you - I was missing the difference between Row and Datarow. Everything is working properly now.

Technical Support Jan 4, 2010 - 9:07 AM

You can learn how to work with a grid in unbound mode from this article:

Unbound Grid

There is a Simple Demos sample that comes with Elegant Grid, which can be helpful. It contains a number of grids including those in unbound mode (e.g. Click Counter).

Here is an example of how you can get the value of a cell at position [0,0]:

// Get row 0
DataRow dataRow = ClickCountGridControl.Rows[0] as DataRow; 

// Get text cell at [0,0]
TextCell textCell = dataRow.Cells[ ClickCountGridControl.Columns[0] ] as TextCell; 

MessageBox.Show( textCell.DisplayValue.ToString() );