Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Frame Features Tech Support » Outlook Bar Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Guido-Jr Domenici Jan 20, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

I’m evaluating Frame Features 1.2. Congratulations for the great program!!!

I’m trying to create a simple program, and I want to place a treeview control (for navigation purposes) docked to the left of the MDI Form that contais Frame Features 1.2 emulating MDI tabs. I don’t know how to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Guido

Technical Support Jan 21, 2005 - 3:13 AM

Dear Guido,

Thank you for your interest in Prof-UIS Frame Features!

We need to explain you behavior of SDI and MDI form windows with the Frame Features control inside.

In both cases Frame Features injects toolbars, menu bar, status bar and, optionally, MDI tabs. All these windows are placed close to the form window’s sides making the rest of form space in the center smaller. In case of MDI form, the center of the form is the MDI form container window (usually of the dark gray color) and it is repositioned automatically by Frame Features. You can make a tabbed MDI application with Frame Features and even keep all MDI child forms always maximized, but unfortunately you cannot inject any other window close to the MDI form container. This feature will be available in the next Frame Features releases after we add support for resizable panels.

We can offer you the following solution. Just use a child frame control in the SDI form and make Frame Features use it as a center window in the form. The child frame will fill all the main form space that is free of any bars. This child frame should contain the outlook bar and a tab control with pages inside.