Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Frame Features Tech Support » I need empty client area Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Andrey Kotov May 30, 2005 - 4:13 AM

Hello. I need to create main frame window with 3 controlbars in it - 1 at the left, 1 at the right and 1 at the bottom. So, I do like this:

m_dlgbarL.DockControlBar( AFX_IDW_DOCKBAR_LEFT, 1, this, false );

m_dlgbarR.DockControlBar( AFX_IDW_DOCKBAR_RIGHT, 1, this, false );

m_dlgbarB.DockControlBar( AFX_IDW_DOCKBAR_BOTTOM, 1, this, false );

RecalcLayout();

But I want 2 bars (left and right) to be agglutinated. In my case there is empty client area between them. What should I do?

Technical Support May 31, 2005 - 3:12 AM

There are many "compare something" applications with left/right resizable views on the Internet. But we have never seen these views made re-dockable and they really don’t need this feature. What about using a splitter-based main view for keeping left/right views and output window inside the resizable control bar?

Andrey Kotov May 31, 2005 - 3:57 AM

It will be Ok now, I’ll do it. But in the future we can enlarge our applicaion for one more function, which will requre inly one tree. So, thank tou for consultation.

Technical Support May 30, 2005 - 8:55 AM

Resizable control bars are designed to occupy some space next to the border of the frame window or float over it. They are not designed to make the central view area invisible or replace it. We think your idea is not very good and we have never seen such kind of UI design in any application before. What do you think about resizable control bars which can be optionally "floating" in the MDI client area in the MDI application or inside the tab page container window as the main view in the SDI application? This feature will be fully available in the next major Prof-UIS release and is demonstrated in the SDI_DynamicBars and MDI_DynamicBars samples available on our site.

Andrey Kotov May 31, 2005 - 12:26 AM

I can say why I needed this config. My application compares 2 folders. I need to load 2 tree to the screen - one to the left and right. At the bottom there is a statistics (like VS output window). So I needed this functional. Thnx for reply.