Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Frame Features Tech Support » Click on MenuItem to load the Form and Click on Icon of Toolbar Menu to laod the Form Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Chieng Sisovin Dec 15, 2005 - 2:46 AM

Dear Technical Team,

How to code in VB6 with this query "Click on MenuItem to load the Form and Click on Icon of Toolbar Menu to laod the Form".

Thank you

Chieng Sisovin
E-mail: 012920502@mobitel.com.kh 
           sisovin@angkor2day.com
Web: www.angkor2day.com
         www.sektechnology.com

coca mary Sep 13, 2021 - 3:55 AM

Your blog is awesome. i like to visit it everyday. Very nice layout and content.
https://amongus-2.com

Chieng Sisovin Dec 20, 2005 - 6:05 PM

Dear Sir,

In VB.NET 2003, I code as the followings, then I work to disable the item in the menubar and toolbars

Public WithEvents objWindow As ExtAutoWindow

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

EnableEditMenuBar(False)

End Sub

’=======================================================

Public Sub EnableEditMenuBar(ByVal bValue As Boolean)

Dim objWndCommands As ExtAutoCommandsCollection

objWndCommands = objWindow.Commands

objWndCommands.Item("IDC_MENU_FILE").Enabled = False

objWndCommands.Item("IDC_FILE_LOGOUT").Enabled = False

End Sub

’========================================================

But in VB6 Project, to disable it.

Please help me your technical code.

Chieng Sisovin

Technical Support Dec 21, 2005 - 3:10 AM

The disabled popup items work as it is demonstrated in the following sample applications (VB6 and VB 2003 projects). Both projects use the same source code given in your message.

Chieng Sisovin Dec 20, 2005 - 8:28 AM

Dear Sir,

I want to disable menubar, toolbar with VB6 project. Please help me your technical code.

Thank you 

Chieng Sisovin

Technical Support Dec 20, 2005 - 11:30 AM

The toolbar (menu bar) itself cannot be disabled in Frame Features nor it can be done in Microsoft applications. It can only be visible or hidden in the docked or floating state. The disabled/enabled state is available only for toolbar buttons and menu items independently from each other. We can provide you with the solution to disable/enable all the buttons in particular toolbar. Would this approach be agreeable for you?

Additionally we must note that, if all the commands in the toolbar are disabled, the user can drag and drop enabled commands from some other toolbar or from customize dialog onto the toolbar with disabled commands. So, we guess we need to know more details about what you actually want to implement. This will allow us to provide you with the best available solution.

Technical Support Dec 15, 2005 - 9:16 AM

We sent you a test sample project by e-mail. It shows what you are asking about.