Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Windows 2000 :: System.NotSupportedException :: get_FontSmoothingType() Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Brian Adams May 6, 2008 - 8:10 AM

I’m getting a NotSupportedException when I press the Alt key.  The stack trace is below.  It appears that the Ribbon is calling a property that isn’t supported on Windows Server 2000.  I’m using version 2.2.0.0.  What is my best course of action (and upgrading to Windows Server 2003 isn’t an option right now)?

Thanks!

Brian

System.NotSupportedException: Feature not supported with this operating system.

at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_FontSmoothingType()

at Elegant.Ui.KeyTip.GetPreferredTextSize()

at Elegant.Ui.KeyTip.GetPreferredSize(Size proposedSize)

at Elegant.Ui.RibbonTab.KeyTipPlacementRoutine(KeyTip keyTip)

at Elegant.Ui.KeyTipForm.UpdateKeyTips()

at Elegant.Ui.KeyTipEngine.Activate(Boolean activate, Int32 keyCode)

at Elegant.Ui.KeyTipEngine.Elegant.Ui.IInputSpyListener.OnInputSpyKeyUp(InputSpyKeyEventArgs e)

at Elegant.Ui.InputSpy.KeyboardHookProc(Int32 nCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(MSG& msg, HandleRef hWnd, Int32 uMsgFilterMin, Int32 uMsgFilterMax)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.WinForms.FormShellApplication`2.Start()

at ApplicationHost.ApplicationHostApplication.Start() in D:\Programming\HPAS\ApplicationHost.root\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHostApplication.cs:line 216

at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.CabApplication`1.Run()

at ApplicationHost.ApplicationHostApplication.RunInReleaseMode(String[] Args) in D:\Programming\HPAS\ApplicationHost.root\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHostApplication.cs:line 94

at ApplicationHost.ApplicationHostApplication.Main(String[] Args) in D:\Programming\HPAS\ApplicationHost.root\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHost\ApplicationHostApplication.cs:line 63

Technical Support May 6, 2008 - 11:04 AM

Thank you for reporting the bug. We have just fixed it. The fix will be available in the next release which is planned for the end of May. You can workaround this at the moment by turning the key tips off at all. Just set the KeyTipEngine.Enabled property to false.