Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Things I set in Ribbon1_currenttabpagechanged dont show Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Sven Rutten Aug 28, 2007 - 5:22 AM

Hello

I have the following Code:

Private Sub Ribbon1_CurrentTabPageChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Ribbon1.CurrentTabPageChanged
If Ribbon1.CurrentTabPage Is RibbonTabPage2 Then
Label1.text = "Hello"
End If
End Sub

Now if I switch to RibbonTabPage2, I expect the label1 (which is on the Ribbon) to change to "Hello". The code does work, but the label doesnt change.
Only when I resize my form, it suddenly appears. Seems like it does not redraw itself.

But when I run a label1.refresh() after the code, it doesnt change neither.

How can I solve that?

Thanks

Sven

Sven Rutten Aug 28, 2007 - 5:25 AM

Ok I see the problem:

The label1 has a text of nothing at the start. if I change the text of the label1 to "Hello" in Ribbon1_CurrentTabPageChanged, it is drawing the text, but the width of the label seems still to be 0, so you cannot see it.

If I have an initial text of "Yes", and I change it to "Hello" in Ribbon1_CurrentTabPageChanged, then only "Hel" is drawn.

Technical Support Aug 28, 2007 - 7:04 AM

Thanks for reporting the problem. We will fix it in the next release. As a workaround, you can call PerformLayout() for the ribbon group that contains the label.

Sven Rutten Aug 28, 2007 - 7:23 AM

Thanks