Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » TextBox Overlapping Controls Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Helmut Wahrmann Jun 23, 2010 - 11:30 AM

I put a Elegant.Ui.Textbox as the last control into a Button Group and give it a minimum size of 25, so that i can see at least 3 digits, which have entered.

The TextBox overlaps the Control on the right side.
Set the Right Margin of the TextBox to 5.

This is immediately reflected in the Designer. But when i run it, it is still the same problem, as if the margin wouldn’t be set.

Technical Support Jun 25, 2010 - 3:11 AM

Please send the sample project to support@prof-uis.com.

Technical Support Jun 24, 2010 - 4:19 AM

Actually, a Button Group is supposed to contain only the following controls: Button, DropDown, SplitButton, and ToggleButton. Other controls may not work properly when they are put in a button group. Please send us a sample illustrating what you want to achieve.

Helmut Wahrmann Jun 24, 2010 - 10:49 AM

In fact i have a button group with 2 buttons and a Textbox containing a maximum 4 digit number.
When pressing the second button, which is left from the textbox, i want to use the number which has been entered in the textbox.

To be able to see all the 4 digits, i’ve set the MinimumSize for the TextBox to 25.
Then i changed the Right Padding of the Button Group to 8, which was reflected in the designer.
When running the code, the Padding of the button group is no longer there and the textbox overlaps the Ribbon Group and the next control, which is right of it.

I have a sample application built, but cannot attach here.