Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Temporary Ribbon Panel possible? Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 4:35 AM

Hello

I love your tool, it’s really superb compared to others. One question though:
E.g. if I add in Word 2007 a new Diagramm, I get a new temporary ribbon (which only appears when I press on the diagramm)
It’s called "Diagrammtools" (on the Bar) with the two RibbonPanels "Layout" and "Format"

Is it possible to do this with your Ribbon Class too, and if yes, how?

Will the App Menu be implemented next week?

Thanks

Sven

Technical Support Jun 20, 2007 - 5:42 AM

Thank you for the kind words. The feature that you are asking about is called Contextual tabs. Contextual tabs appear within some specific context in the application and provide the user with additional functionality. In the current version, this feature is not supported. This feature will not be available in the next version either (the next version is currently tested and will be released later this week and early next week). But Contextual tabs will be available in the version that comes after that and this feature is of high priority for us.

The Application Menu is ready and will be available in the next version (coming later this week).

Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 5:46 AM

Hi

Thanks for your quick answer.
Can I expect the version with the contextual tabs within 90 days? (just purchased it with 90 days updates)

Thanks

Sven

Technical Support Jun 20, 2007 - 5:53 AM

We plan to release it within a month so you will definitely get it. Thank you for your choice, Sven.

Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 6:26 AM

Question relating the key.

I have made a new VB Project (VS 2005) and added a ribbonpanel, nothing else.

Now I have this code:

Public Class Form1

Public Sub New()

’ Dieser Aufruf ist für den Windows Form-Designer erforderlich.
InitializeComponent()
Elegant.Ui.RibbonLicenser.LicenseKey = "KEY"
’ Fügen Sie Initialisierungen nach dem InitializeComponent()-Aufruf hinzu.

End Sub
End Class

But it still is giving me "You are using an evaluation version....."

Why?

Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 6:27 AM

Ups sorry, my fault... :-) I had to put it in front of the InitializeComponent... How silly I am :-)