Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Tab Index not firing Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Rick Ratayczak Feb 20, 2007 - 8:06 PM

XP MCE, VS 2005

Tab index is not firing. Even the MouseDown event is not firing.

Steps to recreate:

Add ribbon to form add second tab. Add this code to form code

Private Sub Ribbon1_MouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles Ribbon1.MouseDown
If e.Button = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Left Then
MsgBox("Mouse Down Event!")
End If
End Sub

Technical Support Feb 21, 2007 - 3:46 AM

You cannot receive the MouseDown event from the Ribbon because it is completely covered by its child controls. Please let us know what is the reason you want to handle this event? And what do you mean by Tab index is not firing?

Rick Ratayczak Feb 21, 2007 - 10:06 AM

I get what you’re saying, but when you click a tab, the Ribbon1_TabIndexChanged() event is not firing, so in an attempt to trap that in the mouseDown event of the ribbon, it’s not firing either.

Rick

Technical Support Feb 21, 2007 - 1:47 PM

Thank you for clarifying your question. Actually the System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabIndexChanged event has nothing to do with Elegant Ribbon. It is a standard event that occurs when the tab index property of the control changes. If you want to track when current tab page in the Ribbon changes, you can use the Elegant.Ribbon.CurrentTabPageChanged event.

Rick Ratayczak Feb 21, 2007 - 4:09 PM

I think I forgot the DUH after that. Sometimes, I swear! I forget the simplist of things, but sometimes I’m like rain man with programming.

Rick