Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Standard Buttons on RibbonGroup - Paint issue when expanding/collapsing small form group Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Michael Dausmann Apr 15, 2009 - 8:34 AM

Hi Guys

I am having a paint issue when using standard windows buttons inside a Ribbon Group. 

Steps to reproduce:

- add several standard (non Elegant) buttons to a Ribbon Group

- run the app (buttons display on ribbon group..all good)

- resize the form (smaller) so that the ribbon group collapses to its small form (no buttons on the small form box..all good)

- click the ribbon group small form dropdown thingy to get the dropdown view of the ribbon group (shows all buttons in dropdown. view, none on small form thingy.. all good)

-click the group again, click off or click another ribbon group so that the dropdown view thingy rolls up.. (the buttons are painted all bunched up on the small form thingy ..doh! looks nasty!)

I am using  - Elegant Ribbon 3.1 - Visual Studio 2008 (SP1) - .net 3.5 sp1

I need to use standard buttons rather than Elegant UI buttons because I have created custom buttons by heavily extending System.Windows.Forms.Button. Note though, this can be reproduced with completely standard button controls.

Hope we can sort this out.  I’m really happy with the Ribbon so far, my GUI is looking fantastic and I dont want to change components now

Michael Dausmann

www.RuleClarity.com

Technical Support Apr 23, 2009 - 5:20 AM

We have reproduced the bug and fixed it.Thank you. It will be available in the next release. We can also provide you with an intermediate version on your request.