Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Setting TabControl BackColor to match Panel.ForeColor Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Paddy Dec 27, 2010 - 11:50 PM

Hi,

I am using Ribbon v3.7 and I am looking to change the gray color of the TabControl to match the color of the Elegant.Ui.Panel.ForeColor.  I am not able to get it to work, any suggestions? I am using the Elegant.Ui.Panel as the forms background.

Screen shot is located here: dl.dropbox.com/u/5335929/ScreenShot.jpg

I have highlighted the area I am looking to change the color of.  I am wanting to make it match the color of Elegant.Ui.Panel.ForeColor.

Thanks.

Technical Support Dec 28, 2010 - 4:53 AM

The Elegant.Ui.TabControl has a transparent tabline by default and thus it always has the background of its parent. You may probably have set the property TabControl.UseVisualThemeForBackground to false. If so, please set the property back to true. If it doesn’t help, could you provide a test project illustrating the issue?

Paddy Dec 28, 2010 - 4:05 PM

I figured out what was going on.  The control wasn’t taking the background of the parent.  It was sitting on top of the panel.  Once I cut and paste it to the panel, it then did what I wanted it to do.  Your controls are awesome and it’s making my application look very professional.  I plan to get other controls from you in the near future.