Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Scrollong Group Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Samuel Shelton Nov 5, 2007 - 3:11 AM

Hi,

How do I get a group box to display a scrollbar when the number of controls exceeds its width, I do not want to reduce or increase informaivness of the contained control, I need the controls to overflow the group but then be brought into view using a scrollbar or something of that sort. The functionality I am looking for is similar to the sample where the informativeness and various controls is displayed in a sidebar below the ribbon to the left and can be scrolled from the top to the bottom.

Samuel

Technical Support Nov 5, 2007 - 10:22 AM

The design you described is quite different from that outlined in the Microsoft ribbon specification so it is not supported at the moment. We would say such a design in some way contradicts the idea of adaptive layout itself. If you do need this design now, we can add support for it in Elegant Ribbon. But this can only be done within a custom project. We can discuss all the details by email.