Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Screentip or ControlTipText for recentDocumentsControl Item Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Gunter Avenius Feb 13, 2009 - 7:33 AM

Hello Support Team,

I add  entrys to the recentDocumentsControl with V 2005, ElegantUI 3.1:

Public Sub New()
   InitializeComponent()

Dim recentDocumentsControl As RecentDocumentsControl = New RecentDocumentsControl()

recentDocumentsControl.Items.Add("1")
   recentDocumentsControl.Items.Add("2")

AddHandler recentDocumentsControl.ItemClick, AddressOf RecentDocumentsControl_ItemClick
End Sub

Private Sub RecentDocumentsControl_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RecentDocumentsControlItemClickEventArgs)
   Dim s As String = TryCast(e.Item, String) ’ clicked item
End Sub

1. How can i add a Screentip or ControlTipText for each Item in the recentDocumentsControl ?

2. When comes the next Version of Elegant UI?

Thanks

Gunter

Technical Support Feb 16, 2009 - 11:59 AM

Currently the RecentDocumentsControl item does not support tooltips. We will consider adding this functionality in the next release.

We have fixed some bugs in version 3.1 and a fixed version is available from our ftp server. You can contact us by email to the get this maintenance update.

Pavel Murashov Apr 8, 2011 - 6:38 AM

>> Currently the RecentDocumentsControl item does not support tooltips. We will consider adding this functionality in the next release.

I use Elegant.Ui 4.1. The RecentDocuments control doesn’t support tooltips still? In any case I didn’t find how to implement this functionality...

Technical Support Apr 9, 2011 - 7:32 AM

You can do it through the code. First, obtain the control associated with the item. You can use the RecentDocumentsControl.GetItemControl method for that. Then use the Control.ScreenTip property to set a screen tip.

Pavel Murashov Apr 11, 2011 - 3:52 AM

I wrote the following code

for

{

recentDocumentsControl.Items.Add(

Elegant.Ui.

ctrl.ScreenTip.Text =

}

applicationMenu.RightPaneControl = recentDocumentsControl;

(int i = 0; i < 10; i++)"Test item");Control ctrl = recentDocumentsControl.GetItemControl(i);"Test tooltip text";

But the tooltips are not displayed when the mouse hover. What am I doing wrong?

Pavel Murashov Apr 11, 2011 - 3:53 AM

Oh! Sorry...

This is my code:

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)

{

recentDocumentsControl.Items.Add("Test item");

Elegant.Ui.Control ctrl = recentDocumentsControl.GetItemControl(i);

ctrl.ScreenTip.Text = "Test tooltip text";

}

Pavel Murashov Apr 11, 2011 - 12:32 AM

Thanks!