Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Right-Mouse click error Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Muhammet Sivri Apr 30, 2008 - 4:59 PM

I’m currently using your trial version of the Ribbon Control and got an error while showing a dialog and right clicking on the form with the ribbon control.  

The Source:

"Elegant.Ui.Ribbon"

The Message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Here is the stack trace:  

at Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.OnInputSpyMouseUp(InputSpyMouseEventArgs e)

at Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.RibbonInputSpyListener.Elegant.Ui.IInputSpyMouseListener.OnInputSpyMouseUp(InputSpyMouseEventArgs e)

at Elegant.Ui.InputSpy.NotifyAboutMouseUpEvent(IInputSpyMouseListener[] listeners, MouseButtons buttons, Int32 x, Int32 y, IntPtr hwnd)

at Elegant.Ui.InputSpy.MouseHookProc(Int32 nCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.PeekMessage(MSG& msg, HandleRef hwnd, Int32 msgMin, Int32 msgMax, Int32 remove)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()

at ProjectMage.ProjectMageForm.ProjectMageForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\[project path]\ProjectMage.cs:line 41

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Target Site:

{Boolean OnInputSpyMouseUp(Elegant.Ui.InputSpyMouseEventArgs)}

I can keep recreating the error if need be.

Lily Ho Jul 15, 2008 - 12:00 PM

My comany recently bought the ribbon. I have the same problem. Do you guys fix the problem yet?

If not, do you know any ways to fix the problem without waiting for the new release?

Technical Support Jul 15, 2008 - 12:56 PM

We have fixed this bug in the version 3.1. It’s available for download on our website.

Muhammet Sivri May 1, 2008 - 4:02 PM

Sure.

By the way, this error seems to also appear randomly at startup as well, same type of error, with same information, different trace. Note that, in the test project, only your ribbon is used.

Here is the test project.

Once you are in debug mode, a dialog will automatically show, wait a bit and just right click on the main form. I’ve tested it 4 times and recieved the error each test.

Note that I use Windows XP SP2 with .Net 3.5 and Visual Studio Express 2008.

This is the second trace i got:

at Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.RibbonInputSpyListener.Elegant.Ui.IInputSpyMouseListener.OnInputSpyMouseUp(InputSpyMouseEventArgs e)

at Elegant.Ui.InputSpy.NotifyAboutMouseUpEvent(IInputSpyMouseListener[] listeners, MouseButtons buttons, Int32 x, Int32 y, IntPtr hwnd)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.PeekMessage(MSG& msg, HandleRef hwnd, Int32 msgMin, Int32 msgMax, Int32 remove)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at RibbonErrorTest.Program.Main() in C:\[projectpath]\RibbonErrorTest\Program.cs:line 18

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Technical Support May 2, 2008 - 11:03 AM

Thank you for reporting the problem. We will fix it in the next release.

Muhammet Sivri May 1, 2008 - 4:02 PM

Sure.

By the way, this error seems to also appear randomly at startup as well, same type of error, with same information, different trace. Note that, in the test project, only your ribbon is used.

Here is the test project.

Once you are in debug mode, a dialog will automatically show, wait a bit and just right click on the main form. I’ve tested it 4 times and recieved the error each test.

Note that I use Windows XP SP2 with .Net 3.5 and Visual Studio Express 2008.

This is the second trace i got:

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at RibbonErrorTest.Program.Main() in C:\[projectpath]\RibbonErrorTest\Program.cs:line 18

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Technical Support May 1, 2008 - 1:13 AM

Would you send us a test project that illustrates the issue?

Muhammet Sivri May 1, 2008 - 4:03 PM

My browser posted the post twice, sorry for that, I’m new to this style of forum.