Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Protected Overrides Sub PaintBackground in Elegant.Ui.Samples.RibbonUISample Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Noah Fehrenbacher Nov 25, 2009 - 11:21 AM

1. In your RibbonUISample, how does this sub (Protected Overrides Sub PaintBackground) get called (ControlPanel.vb)?  I tried finding it in MainForm.vb but was unsuccessful.  2. To learn your ribbon tool, I’ve tried duplicating your code in my own sample application, which can’t seem to access this sub.  I was unable to use the "Overrides" descriptor in my app due to the error: "Cannot use overrides because sub Paintbackground does not override a sub in the base class".  These two questions are related any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Technical Support Nov 25, 2009 - 12:55 PM

Actually, the ContentPanel class from RIbbonUiSample is inherited from the Elegant.Ui.Panel class which is part of Elegant.Ui assembly. The PaintBackground method is declared in the Elegan.Ui.Control class and invoked by its implementation. If you do not derive your class from the Elegant.Ui.Control or its inheritors than you should override the standard System.WIndows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground method instead.