Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Pros and Cons of Elegant Ribbon Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Sumio Go Mar 16, 2010 - 10:00 AM

I am considering using Elegant Ribbon for my app. I am interested in hearing any pros or cons that users may be willing to offer. Also, what drove your decision to use this solution when compared to others? Thanks. SG

d a Apr 8, 2010 - 4:55 AM

As an independant developer, we have found issues with the product, but once submitted they normally get fixed quite quickly. We have also made a couple of suggestions as we needed to override certain functionality and they included it in the next release that became available, with this sort of response it certainly made our life easier. This leaves us to get on with our core development whilst leaving these guys to do all the Hard work behind the Ribbon Bar eg The skinning and Painting Work 

:)

Technical Support Mar 17, 2010 - 11:42 AM

Thank you for your interest in Elegant Ribbon. Consider the following main advantages of our framework:

- 100% compliance with Microsoft Ribbon Guidelines (take a look at this doc).
- Very close or exact match to the Microsoft Office Ribbon in terms of picture and behavior.
- Fast (try resizing it).
- Intuitive to use.
- A lot of themes with three new Office 2010 themes coming soon.

So Elegant Ribbon can be a good choice especially if you are working on a product.