Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Problem showing RibbonGroup Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Marco Scarpa May 4, 2011 - 9:31 AM

Hi,

i have a Ribbon TabPage with some RibbonGroup.

One RibbonGroup has Visible property set to false.

The first time i set it to true, its buttons are one over the others, horizontally centered.

Look at the attached image to understand the problem.

If i change the active TabPage and return, all appears correctly.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Marco

Icon Overlay

Tracy Platt Jul 21, 2011 - 10:17 AM

I’m having a similar issue but mine is unrelated to the visible property. My controls were displaying correctly. At some point the Visual Studio designer changed the Location property of some buttons to different values and I got the exact same issue as in the previous comment. When I reverted to a previous version the problem went away. Every so often (I haven’t been able to find a pattern) the location values are changed and the problem recurs. I work around it by keeping a file with the correct location values backed up.

Technical Support May 6, 2011 - 11:24 AM

Sorry, but we couldn’t reproduce the issue. Some sort of sample illustrating the issue would be of a great help. You can also try calling PerfromLayout() and Invalidate() methods of the ribbon group you are showing.

Christopher Herrington May 6, 2011 - 5:25 AM

If you want a quick fix for right now I would suggest refreshing the button or invalidate it.  Invalidate will be a little slower since it is a pending process. 

So the button1.Refresh() or button1.Invalidate().   Put that in the tab change event.