Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Pressing the TAB key does not jump to the next TabStop. Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Eric Newhuis Oct 1, 2007 - 9:29 AM

I have a ribbon with lots of groups and I’d like tobe able to press TAB to jump from control to control within one group and then to the next group and so on. However, when I press the TAB key while I am editing in a combo box, for example, there is no effect.

How do I enable standard dialog box TAB behavior among all the ribbon groups’ controls?

Technical Support Oct 3, 2007 - 10:04 AM

This is not supported in this version (only the standard keyboard navigation is available) and most probably it will be not supported in the next release that is under heavy testing at the moment. However, if you have a license, we can consider this as a feature request and implement this as soon as possible.

Eric Newhuis Oct 1, 2007 - 1:18 PM

I see that the ALT works and one can navigate the controls with TAB after pressing ALT.

However once a user starts entering data into a control after a mouse click he can no longer press TAB to move to the next control.

Is there a way to force that the ALT behavior is always enabled when any control has the input focus?

Technical Support Oct 1, 2007 - 11:41 AM

We do our best to follow the standard behavior that is described in the Microsoft specification and implemented in Office 2007 applications. So you can see the same keyboard navigation in Elegant Ribbon when you can click ALT and then navigate the controls using Tab, arrow keys and assigned keytips. Please tell us if you considered to use this behavior instead?