Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Painting problems Vista non-aero Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Przemyslaw Luniewski May 13, 2009 - 6:14 AM

Hi,

first of all, Elegant Ribbon is a fine control :)

But I had Vista aero disabled, and to my surprise I noticed painting problems, regarding borders I think.

Maybe this is the nag dialog I am getting, or anything else.

see: [URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=elegantribbonpaint.jpg][IMG]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9224/elegantribbonpaint.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

when I turn aero on, problem disappears. when tried this ’demo project’ on WinXP I did not notice any problems. when I run demo project (shipped with trial) I notice no problems... until I change something to the project, then it starts to mess painting. fullscreen is okay. i am using VS2008Pro on VistaBusiness hp laptop.

Przemyslaw Luniewski May 13, 2009 - 1:00 PM

Yes, I’d like to test 3.2 beta, please.  I am now testing if I will be able to deploy Elegant Ribbon at affordable time-cost in my recent project before initial submission.

About the slow-site: what can I say, in Firefox 2.0 loads gracefully like it should. The IE8 does the background like a sea wave comming in... row by row, from the top of view. Menus take forever to show up, pages load like using dial-up connection.

I have Silverlight 2.0 installed, if that makes any difference. I supposed it had something to do with IP I was comming from, but now different IP and I have to use Firefox 2.0 to write this post.

And about MDI child controlBox - any chance to expose some property to hide those three small buttons ?

Regards,

P.L.

Technical Support May 13, 2009 - 9:01 AM

Thank you for your feedback. Could you be more specific about the slowness? We tested the site with IE8 and found no problem.

Technical Support May 13, 2009 - 8:58 AM

Thank you for reporting the bug. It is already fixed. We can provide you with a bug free version immediately on your request.

Przemyslaw Luniewski May 13, 2009 - 6:17 AM

BTW: I also noticed your web portal is very very slow on IE8