Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Multiple line textbox in Ribbon doesn't accept return (does not create a new line) Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 5:13 AM

I’m using multiple line text box in Ribbon. But no matter which value I set to AcceptsReturn, the new line can not be created using ’Enter’ key 

Technical Support Oct 17, 2011 - 1:42 PM

The multiline text box is not supported in the Ribbon. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Alexander Kaay Nov 15, 2011 - 9:53 PM

Is there any plan to support that? I need that functionality as well.

Thank you!

Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 8:48 PM

Just tested, multiline textbox it works fine on a form but not in the ribbon

Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 8:21 PM

I have found that when set Multiline to true, there are one more issue as well - if I put some text in the multiline textbox, then switch ribbon tab and switch back to the tab where I was previously, the text box can not be focused. When I click the textbox, the text in it disappear. Seems like there are a lot of issues of multiline text box in Ribbon

Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 9:41 AM

The Enter key is captured by the Ribbon class instead of the text box. Is there a way to walk around this?

Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 9:29 AM

Seems like the ’Enter’ key is not captured by the textbox at all. I wonder where does the enter key gets processed?

Imgen Wakin Oct 16, 2011 - 5:13 AM

BTW, I’m using Elegant Ribbon 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008 Pro + Win7 x64