Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » MDI Form cutoff on all sides if maximised on startup Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Doug Coulson Jun 27, 2007 - 7:08 PM

When I start my MDI application with the form maximised (which is what I want to have) the image shown is too large for the actual screen size and effect is that the top/bottom/left/right of my form are all cut off slightly. If I manually set the screen to a normal size and then back to maximum size it fixes itself. I was hoping that this would be fixed in v2.0 and in part I blame myself for not advising you of this bug which I took to be self evident. I can send a screen image if required. The cutoff image is on a Vista machine and I think the problem is consistent on non-Vista ones but have not checked that specifically.

Technical Support Jun 28, 2007 - 7:28 AM

We confirm that this bug occurs on Windows Vista. Thanks for the report. We will fix it in the next release.

As a workaround you can use the following code:

public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

protected override void OnShown(EventArgs e)
        {
            base.OnShown(e);
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
        }
    }
The only shortcoming of this approach is that the application flicks a bit at startup.

Sven Rutten Jun 28, 2007 - 5:09 AM

I can second that on a non-Vista (XP SP2)-Machine