Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Maximize and Restore Button Collapse All
Subject Author Date
d a Apr 30, 2010 - 9:00 AM

Normally you can capture Maximize and Restore operations within the WndProc and override the functionality. It appears that the Ribbon Bar has beaten us to the messages and overridden this functionality - I assume as part of the skinning process.

Is there any wan I can detect the button being pressed? and cancel the normal operation?

The reason for this requirement is too allow our application to cancel the maximize operation and the expand our application acorss all available monitors instead.

Technical Support May 28, 2010 - 9:50 AM

Please download the fixed assemblies below:

elegant-ui-3.6-maximize-restore-button-fix.zip

d a Jun 2, 2010 - 9:44 AM

Thanks for this update but not quite what I was after the event FrameSkinner.Frame.MaximizeChanged occurs after the application has been maximized.

However I either need to get hold of the SC_MAXIMIZE and SC_RESTORE in the WndProc or I need the Frame skinner to provide a changing event

eg FrameSkinner.Frame.MaximizeChanging in which I can then disable the normal maximize and restore operation by updating a Handled property of the Event Argument (similar to KeyPressEventArgs) and then I can resize our application across multiple monitors

Technical Support Jun 3, 2010 - 6:44 AM

The assemblies we provided contain a fix for the case when the user presses a minimize or maximize or restore or close button so the WM_COMMAND message is risen each time any of these buttons is pressed. You should catch this message and handle it in your own way.

Regarding the FormFrame.MaximizeChanging event, this is not supported at the moment.

FirstName LastName May 28, 2010 - 4:14 AM

Any news on this update?

Technical Support Apr 30, 2010 - 1:22 PM

Thank you for the issue report. We have already resolved it and will prepare an updated installation package next week. We’ll let you know about that.