Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » How to update properly from 3.2 to 3.3? Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Roman Bachmann Oct 12, 2009 - 6:12 AM

I’d like to have a look at the new Office2010 GUI, so I decided to update my 3.2 installation to 3.3.

Because of the fact that an update is not designated, the 3.3-setup asks me so uninstall 3.2 and install afterwards 3.3. This works fine. :)

But: When I compile the project (now with the new version 3.3), I get an error notifing me about a missing assembly-reference (Elegant.Ui was not found).

What do I have to do now? Which References do I have to delete/refresh? And do I have to delete the 3.2-items in the visual studio toolbox manually?

Thanks in advance

Roman Bachmann Oct 12, 2009 - 10:25 AM

Thank you for your answer.

I deleted all references and added them again. This works perfectly now!

The toolbox wasn’t cleared automatically (I can’t remember that I’ve added them manually). OS: Windows 7 Professional x64, Visual Studio 2008 SP 1.

Thanks again for this great support.

Technical Support Oct 12, 2009 - 12:32 PM

Thank you for your kind words. By the way, are you sure that the items in the toolbox are of version 3.2 rather than 3.3? If they can be added onto the form then they should of the latest one.

Roman Bachmann Oct 12, 2009 - 1:11 PM

Uh, I didn’t try to add them. Hovering the Items showed me Version 3.2.0. I was confused because both versions were listed (for example Button 3.2.0 & Button 3.3.0).

Technical Support Oct 12, 2009 - 6:38 AM

It seems your project expects v.3.2 to be supplied because it was set up to work with 3.2. So after upgrading to v.3.3 you should switch the project references to v.3.3. After that the project should be compiled successfully.

As for the toolbox items, they should have been uninstalled unless you did not add them manually. Please let us know which OS and Visual Studio you are using?