Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Exception while opening Backstageview in an second thread Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Tobias Krämer May 4, 2011 - 2:45 AM

Hi,

I have a problem with the BackstageView. I use an unique process which starts a thread with a new Instance of a form using the Elegant.UI Ribbons with BackstageView. I can use the controls and the BackstageView without any problems.

Now, I close this thread and the form. After that, the same process which started the first thread, starts a new thread which also creates a new instance of the form, including the ribbons with BackstageView.

In that second thread, I can use the ribboncontrol without noticeable problems. But if I open the BackstageView I get an exception and the BackstageView with all included controls is not be shown (just the red cross).

The exception I get is as follows:

System.ArgumentException: Ungültiger Parameter. (invalid parameter)

bei System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()

bei System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.get_Bitmap()

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.RenderGlyphPart(Graphics graphics, Rectangle renderingRectangle, Rectangle sourceRectangle, Single alphaLevel)

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.RenderTexture(Graphics graphics, Rectangle bounds, Single alphaLevel)

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.Render(Control control, Graphics g, Size size, Rectangle bounds, Single alphaLevel, Boolean fillBackground, Boolean rtlCorrection)

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.Render(Control control, Graphics g, Rectangle bounds, Single alphaLevel, Boolean fillBackground, Boolean rtlCorrection)

bei Elegant.Ui.TextureGlyph.Render(Control control, Graphics g, Rectangle bounds, Boolean rtlCorrection)

bei Elegant.Ui.Glyph.Render(Control control, Graphics g, Rectangle bounds)

bei Elegant.Ui.BackstageViewPaintManagerBase.PaintBackground(BackstageView backstageView, PaintEventArgs e)

bei Elegant.Ui.BackstageView.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)

bei Elegant.Ui.Control.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs pevent)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei Elegant.Ui.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei Elegant.Ui.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei Elegant.Ui.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Maybe it is an known problem and some one can help me with that.

Regards

Tobi

Technical Support May 6, 2011 - 1:32 AM

Thank you for the bug report. The fix will be availble in the next version.