Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Event for selected ribbon tabpage changed Collapse All
Subject Author Date
martyn jones Sep 9, 2009 - 5:29 AM

Have been trying to find a way that i can pick up when a user changes the selected tabpage shown in the ribbon, but havent been able to.

I looked through the ribbon events, but couldnt see anything there, also tried a few events from the ribbon tabpage itself like _clientsizechanged and _sizechanged but none of those work.

Cant even see a property that i could check for on a timer, although I know that would be a horrible way to do it.

martyn jones Sep 10, 2009 - 7:44 AM

Ok now i feel real stupid (or has that post been edited?) 

Yes, currenttabpage and currenttabpagechanged are exactly what i was looking for. Many many thanks.

martyn jones Sep 10, 2009 - 7:42 AM

Well, when i first read this post i felt real stupid for not seeing it there - could have sworn i looked for anything sounding remotely like (selected) index.

However, having tested it out, tabindex_changed never seemed to be fired, and when i checked the tabindex property it never changed from being one. Then i realised, tabindex is just the tab index property, for when a user presses [tab] to cycle through the controls - nothing to do with the tab page or indeed which one is selected/shown.

Technical Support Sep 10, 2009 - 4:18 AM

You are probably looking for the Ribbon.CurrentTabPage property and Ribbon.CurrentTabPageChanged event. If not, please give more details