Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Error in displaying the Ribbon with SAME panels Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Shubhendu Jha Jul 7, 2007 - 2:39 AM

Hi

I am getting an error on the trial version of the ribbon.

I created on form with ribbon and one tab page. This had 4 panels with different buttons.

I then created another form with the one more ribbon, one tab and then copied the 4 panels from the first form and pasted them on this NEW form.

I run the application and display the two forms .. the first time they are displayed fine, but after that i keep getting an error "Object with same ID is already generated."

I edited the form’s designer files and then removed the ID properties from ALL the ribbon components. Now the forms are running fine.

I can only guess but it seems that the ID fields for the ribbon components are ALSO getting copied when i paste the panels from one form to other. Can I suggest that when the items are pasted they should get NEW id values so that this problem does not arise.

Thanks

Technical Support Jul 7, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will fix it in the next release.

Pascal st-Jean Jul 8, 2007 - 10:13 AM

I also had the same error, so I deleted all the buttons I had pasted everywhere and remade them from scratch. The problem now is that when I have a user control that I use more than once in my application, it gives the same error. Please keep this in mind when fixing this issue.

Also, what is the significance of these Ids? If I remove them from the designer as the previous poster had said, will it impact anything?

Technical Support Jul 9, 2007 - 9:34 AM

Thank you for the report. In the current version of Elegant Ribbon we are using control Ids for saving/restoring the UI state (the state of controls in the Quick Access Toolbar state and a flag that tells if the ribbon should be minimized or not when the app starts).

If you remove control Ids assignment lines from the code generated by the designer , build the project, open the designer again, make some changes and save the file, new Ids for the controls will be generated. So you can use this as a workaround at the moment.

Pascal st-Jean Aug 10, 2007 - 9:42 AM

Has this bug been fixed yet? If not, what’s the ETA on it?

Technical Support Aug 10, 2007 - 10:13 AM

Yes, this bug is already fixed. We will officially release v.2.1 on Monday.

Pascal st-Jean Jul 9, 2007 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, I will use this as a workaround for the moment.