Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Elegant.Ui v3.6 in Visual Studio ToolBox without installing? Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Marc B. May 7, 2010 - 8:49 AM

Is there any way to get all Elegant.Ui Controls (including the Ribbon Control) into the Visual Studio (2008/2010) ToolBox, without installing Elegant.Ui? All lower versions I only searched the dll files, and included the controls into the toolbox. But with v3.6 I get an error every time I try...

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Failed to create ToolboxItem of type: Elegant.Ui.StatusBarToolboxItem, Elegant.Ui.Design, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a2b400713aae6e0
OK

Is there any way to integrate the controls?

Best Regards,
Marc

Marc B. May 8, 2010 - 1:30 AM

I have another question... My main problem is, that visual studio resets the toolbox after every windows restart. That’s really annoying. Now I have to add the components to the toolbox every time I start Visual Studio after rebooting my PC.

Is there any way to do this automatically, like you do in your setup?

Technical Support May 10, 2010 - 9:46 AM

First of all it’s quite strange, it shouldn’t happen with items added manually. Anyway you should use the installation package if you want all components to be installed properly.

Marc B. May 7, 2010 - 11:53 AM

I registered these tow assemblies to the GAC and it works fine now. Thank you!

And... Could you possibly delete the second thread? I don’t know why there are two "instances" of my thread were created... I clicked the "Submit" button only once.

Best Regards,
Marc

Technical Support May 7, 2010 - 11:08 AM

In order to provide support for VS2010, we separated designer components from main assemblies in version 3.6. The design assemblies are now Elegant.Ui.Design and Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.Design. These assemblies have to be installed into the GAC or put to the Visual Studio assembly folder in order to make design components available.