Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Commands designer dialog missing Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Olivier Vicario Mar 19, 2010 - 9:27 AM

Hello,

You said "find the Command property in the Properties pane and click the ellipsis button in order to invoke the Commands Designer dialog" in your tutorial "Using commands".

I use visual studio 2008 pro. There is not ellipsis button near the command property and I can’t invoke commands designer. Is there something special to do after the installation of elegant ribbon for making commands designer available ? Insert an another reference to some dll in the project ?

When i load your samples projects I can see a commandEventsDataSet.xsd in the project. When I create a new project this does not appears.

Best regards

Mark Kamenetsky Mar 26, 2010 - 9:34 PM

Just checked the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) with the gacutil tool, and Elegant.Ui.Design is there.  Still no ellipsis.

Mark Kamenetsky Mar 26, 2010 - 9:21 PM

I have the same issue.  What is a GAC?

Technical Support Mar 24, 2010 - 11:08 AM

Thank you for reporting the issue. Could you check if the Elegant.Ui.Design assembly is in the GAC? It must be there so that the designer can work properly with commands.

Olivier Vicario Mar 26, 2010 - 11:12 PM

Yes, it’s there but the version number is 3.4. I use 3.5 version and all the others Elegant..UI assemblies are 3.5 versionned in the GAC. Is that the problem ?

Technical Support Mar 29, 2010 - 5:16 AM

It was a setup program issue, which happened on some machines. Please download this updated installer that fixes this bug.

Olivier Vicario Mar 29, 2010 - 11:17 AM

It’s all rights, the commands designer works. Thank you.

Technical Support Mar 27, 2010 - 8:10 AM

Thank you for your report. We will look into the problem and come back to you on Monday.