Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Color Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hello

how can I make a colored panel?
What we have used until now, is just a label, with when I click on it, a color dialog is appearing and then after selecting a color, it is changing the backcolor of that label. But it doesnt seem that I can set the backcolor (I can set it, but it does not change) of a label or a panel ...

Is there any possibility to do taht?

Thanks

Technical Support Jun 20, 2007 - 11:12 AM

Both the label and panel in Elegant Ribbon are painted in way that they are consistent with the current theme (either blue or black) and you cannot set the background color directly. What you could do to achieve what you need is to use the standard controls instead.

Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 2:00 PM

Thanks. I have added a label to a RibbonGroup. That worked in the designer, but when I start it, the label doesnt show up in the RibbonGroup :-(

Technical Support Jun 21, 2007 - 3:58 AM

It won’t work with a ribbon group, it works only on the form. We will change this in the version that is scheduled for release in July. At the moment, you can either wait or repaint the label yourself.

Sven Rutten Jul 20, 2007 - 7:07 AM

Hello

Will the next release have this implemented for sure (possibility to set background color of a panel on ribbon), and when do you exactly plan to publish the next release?

Thanks

Sven

Technical Support Jul 20, 2007 - 7:17 AM

Yes, this is feature will be available in the next release. It is scheduled for the end of July.

Sven Rutten Aug 10, 2007 - 2:45 PM

Thanks for the RC1. I’ve tried to set the backcolor of a panel and a label of this version, but it’s still not possible?

Sven Rutten Jul 20, 2007 - 8:23 AM

Thanks a lot, that’s great... I’ve painted now panels on it, but it’s not the perfect solution, so I’m looking forward to your release

Sven Rutten Jun 22, 2007 - 8:28 AM

Ok I will paint a label myself

Technical Support Jun 20, 2007 - 12:09 PM

We would like to add the following. In one of the next versions, we will improve this so that you can always override this default behavior.

Sven Rutten Jun 20, 2007 - 12:54 PM

That’s cool!