Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » A red cross appears in place of all groups in the ribbon Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Pierrick COMBREAU Sep 15, 2014 - 8:24 AM

Hi,

I struggled a long time on this issue because some customers report that in place of the buttons, they sometimes see a large red cross meaning that controls are not rendered at all. After several investigations, it appears that this is connected to some rare printer drivers. When we read. In the form_load event, we have this code:

Private Sub LoadPrinters(installedPrinters As System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.StringCollection)
Dim pkInstalledPrinters As String

PrinterNames.Clear()
Try
Dim printdoc As New PrintDocument()
Dim printDocPrinterName As String = printdoc.PrinterSettings.PrinterName

’ Find all printers installed
For Each pkInstalledPrinters In installedPrinters
PrinterNames.Add(pkInstalledPrinters)
If pkInstalledPrinters = printDocPrinterName Then
If printdoc.PrinterSettings.IsDefaultPrinter Then
SelectedPrinter = pkInstalledPrinters
End If
End If
Next pkInstalledPrinters
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)
End Try
End Sub

Which simply fills a combo (an Elegant.UI one) with printer names. When we don’t do that or when we select a default pinter driver which has no problem, if works well and we see the buttons but as soon as we select a wrong driver (happens with some very new printer drivers too), we get the red cross.

Have you ever heard anything like this? The selection of a default printer could corrupt something and prevent EG from rendering?

Best Regards,

Art Wilkes Sep 15, 2014 - 9:03 AM

Prof-UIS Support
No I have not heard of that. I Googled it and there was not a previous mention of the problem.
I’ll ask the support staff for there input.
Thanks