Version 1.3 - November 1, 2006
Release NotesThis release includes several new features requested by our customers. Some minor bugs were fixed.
ExportToExcel methods to the grid
GridControlBase class, which allow you to export data from the bound, unbound and virtual grid to a file or a stream in the following formats:
- Tab-delimited text
- HTML table
- Microsoft Excel XML workbook
- Added an article on exporting data from the grid.
- Added an Export demo to the SimpleDemos sample.
- Added a set of classes and properties implementing the functionality of a header column:
EnableRowHeaderCellEditingMarker properties of the
GridControlBase class and
- Added a cell tooltip. You can turn on tooltips for cells by setting the
GridControlBase.EnableCellExpandTip property to
true. If you hover the mouse pointer over a cell whose text does not fit inside its area, a tooltip with the cell text shows up.
- Added a
BoundGridControl.ExpandGroupRowsAfterGrouping flag indicating whether group rows should be expanded after being regrouped.
- Changed the signature of the
BoundGridControl.EnsureVisibleVerticallyByDataSourceItem method, which now returns the
Row object that has become visible.
- Added two
BoundGridControl.StartCellEditByDataSourceItem overloaded methods, which allow you to start editing a cell by a given data source item.
BoundGridControl.UseEnterToTraverseRows property indicating whether hitting the Enter key should set the focus to the cell in next row and the same column.
- Updated the documentation to reflect the changes made to the API.
- Fixed a bug in the
GridControlBase class when Tab strokes were not correctly processed when the
UseTabToTraverseCells property was set to true.
- Fixed several bugs with scrolling, sorting and grouping.
- Fixed several bugs in sample applications.