Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Unbound Grid: Sort Issues Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Paddy Jan 2, 2011 - 2:15 AM

I am using v3.8 and the unbound grid grid has four columns.  I have selected and configured the Sorting property of each column for ascending order.  However, when I add items to the grid and then click the column header, the sort arrow moves up or down like its supposed to but the content of the grid for the particular column doesn’t change order.  It says as-is.  What am I doing wrong?  I must be missing something.

Technical Support Jan 5, 2011 - 7:19 AM

When you are using an unbound grid control you should maintain data sorting manually or disable it at all. Use a bound grid control with a data source if you want the data to be sorted automatically. Important thing here is that sorting is always applied on the data site rather than on the grid site.

Regarding the sorting rules issue. You can’t have more than one sorting rule for each column. When you need to change the sorting direction, you just set the SortRule.Direction property to another value.

Paddy Jan 2, 2011 - 4:09 AM

Update:

I added additional sort rules.  Two sort rules for each column.  One for descending and another for ascending.  When I go to pull the form up in run-time, I get the following error:

Invalid Operation Exception

An error occurred creating the form.  See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Sorting rule with the same column already exists in the collection.