Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Row Focus incorrect when closing a group Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Francois Bronsard Oct 23, 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hello,

I’m using the BoundGridControl. I noticed something strange. If I have a row in a group with the focus, that is, the row is highlighted. Now, if I close the group (by clicking on the "-" button in the header row), then the focus will move to whatever row will physically appear where the old row was.

For example, if I have

- Group 1
Line 1
Line 2
- Group 2
Row 3
Row 4

and the focus is on "Line 2". If I close the Group 1, so I have

+ Group 1
- Group 2
Row 3
Row 4

Then suddenly, the focus will be on Row 3!

Similarly, if the focus was initially on Line 1, then it is the row "Group 2" which now has the focus and is highlighted (And this makes it unreadable btw).
Any suggestion?

Technical Support Oct 28, 2009 - 9:42 AM

Yes, we confirm that it would be better to move selection onto the category of the previously selected item rather than onto some next row. Thank you for this feedback. We are preparing a new release of Elegant Grid (which is coming soon) so this will be fixed in it.