Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » freeze column, card view, column with spaces Collapse All
Subject Author Date
John Wong Jun 23, 2007 - 6:08 PM

Hi,

I’m new to elegant grid and I’m evaluating its functionality at the moment. I was wondering, does elegant grid have any of these
three features for a databound grid?

1. freeze column (or split scroll)
2. card view that can be created dynamically at run-time
3. can handle column names and column headers that contain spaces in the name

Thanks!

John Wong Jun 26, 2007 - 7:30 PM

Hi,

Thx for the responses. =-)

Do you guys have plans to incorporate the freeze column (or split scroll) or card view features in the future? Thanks!

Technical Support Jun 27, 2007 - 12:08 PM

We added your feature requests to our to-do list. Thank you.

John Wong Jun 29, 2007 - 8:38 PM

Hi,

When is v1.4 going to be released? Will the freeze column feature be included? If it is released soon, I will design my entire project around it. But for now, I may reluctantly have to either go with Sybase’s DataWindow (which is hard to program) or Syncfusion’s Essential Grid (the scrolling is slow). Your grid is the best, as long as you add the freeze column or split scroll feature.

John

Technical Support Jul 2, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Thank you for the kind words, John. The features you requested are not in our immediate plans. These features may only be implemented not earlier than this fall. We are sorry.

Technical Support Jun 25, 2007 - 3:49 AM

Thank you for your interest in Elegant Grid. Features #1 and #2 are not supported. As for feature #3, there is no problem with spaces in the names of column headers, e.g. "Column 1", where a space comes before 1. Of course, the corresponding variable in the code cannot contain spaces, e.g. "col1".