Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » ComboBox in unbound grid. Collapse All
Subject Author Date
David Mc Dermid Apr 5, 2010 - 9:02 AM

I am currently evaluating Elegant grid and am having a bit of difficulty implementing a column with a populated combo box. Could you provide a simple example of using a combobox in a column?

David Mc Dermid Apr 6, 2010 - 7:35 AM

Would you please tell me what the latest version is? A quick look at the version history says that this product has been dead since just after beta. Is this factual or is the web page not kept up? I found a link to a dll on the forum that is stated as the latest version. Downloading the file reveals a dll that says it is now version 3.5.0.0. This seems like a pretty big leap from 1.3->3.5?! Could you please explain what you actually have here?

Technical Support Apr 6, 2010 - 7:55 AM

Yes, officially we have not yet released any new version since v.1.3. But internally we have refactored the grid in terms of compatibility with Elegant Ribbon and themes. That is why its current non-official version is 3.5, the same as that of Elegant Ribbon. The grid has also been supported all the time since it was released. We plan to release a new version of Elegant Grid after releasing Elegant Ribbon v.3.6. The latter is scheduled for release this week.

David Mc Dermid Apr 6, 2010 - 2:10 PM

Could you or would you care elaborate on what added features are planned for version 3.6. So far my experience is that I like to basic object model dislike the terribly sparse help file and feel some rather important features appear to not be available (or maybe  simply not documented) so at this point I am stuck looking for a reason to make the purchase.

Technical Support Apr 5, 2010 - 11:56 AM

Could you let us know which version of grid you are using?

David Mc Dermid Apr 5, 2010 - 2:09 PM

Version 1.3 for .Net 2

David Mc Dermid Apr 5, 2010 - 10:25 AM

That didn’t post right. It should have said

Column.MappingDataSource Property

Gets or sets the mapping data source value for the column

David Mc Dermid Apr 5, 2010 - 10:23 AM

Never mind. I was able to get something working. It is unfortunate your help files are so very sparse. Nothing much worse than clicking on a member link in a help file only to find it it says something like

Column.MappingDataSource Property

Gets or sets the mapping data source value for the column.