Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » XML - based skinning Collapse All
Subject Author Date
TR Hockamier Apr 28, 2007 - 11:36 AM

Here is all I found from the help file:
XML-based skinning
You can easily modify or completely change the look and feel of your application by modifying the existing XML files.

I looked into all the samples and checked the forum but found no examples or docs on how to do this.

Am I missing something?

Are there samples or docs on how to do this and is there an xsd that exists to develop the xml file correctly?

Thanks!

Technical Support Apr 30, 2007 - 11:56 AM

The UI appearance of the ribbon control is controlled by an XML file and, if you have the source code, it is possible to change the appearance by modifying this file. But it turned out not so easy for our customers to do this so we removed this from the feature list and decided to implement a skin editor instead so the developer could do this without delving into XML and implementation details. So we are sorry for this inaccuracy and will remove this from the help. The skin editor is in our to-do list.

Craig Monro Oct 11, 2007 - 7:47 PM

Hi, I have been evaluating your control for a few weeks now and am thoroughly impressed by it.

I was however wondering if this ’skin editor’ is still in progress and if so, when might it be (approximately) available?