Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » WinForms menu and Elegant Ribbon ScreenTip Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Abdul Abass Jan 14, 2010 - 8:19 PM

Is there a way to integrate Screen tip into the standard win forms tool bar. Is there a way to I can replace the old school yellow tooltip that winforms provides?

Would appreciate any insight

Many thanks

Jon Dewalt May 13, 2011 - 3:47 PM

Sorry hit enter at the wrong time

Jon Dewalt May 13, 2011 - 3:46 PM

Is it possible to create one screentipdata and assign to mutlple controls on a form?  I’m using elegant ribbon 4.1 and have  a ScreenTip control dropped on my form (ScreenTip1).  I tried this but it does not work.

dim nInfo as Elegant.Ui.ScreenTipData

with nInfo

Is it possible to create one screentipdata and assign to mutlple controls on a form?  I’m using elegant ribbon 4.1 and have  a ScreenTip control dropped on my form (ScreenTip1).  I tried this but it does not work.

with nInfo

with nInfo

Technical Support Jan 15, 2010 - 8:23 AM

Each screen tip has a CanExtend method that takes an object and returns true if the screen tip can be used for the object or false otherwise. For example

bool bScreenTipIsSupported = screenTip1.CanExtend(button1);
The method checks if the object derived from System.Windows.Forms.Control. It is not the case for toolbar items. So this feature is not supported. We will look into whether it is difficult or not to extend this implementation.