Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » User Control Placed on Ribbon Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Kip Ping Nov 24, 2009 - 4:23 PM

Is it possible to place user controls on the ribbon?  I have a user control that was created from a MS textbox, but I cannot seem to put it into the ribbon.

Technical Support Dec 18, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Probably, it has nothing to do with the ribbon control. From which text box did you derive your custom control: the standard or Elegant.Ui.TextBox?

Kip Ping Dec 18, 2009 - 11:48 AM

It is from the standard textbox.  If I click on the form, it is available in the toolbox.  I can drag it from there onto the ribbon and the ribbon seems to accept it, but if I click on the ribbon first, the custom component tab disappears so that it is not available.  While the first way seems to work, the event that is supposed to fire on validation does not happen when the field is exited which makes me think it isn’t working correctly even though I got it into the ribbon.

Technical Support Dec 19, 2009 - 10:03 AM

The reason for that behavior is that the ribbon itself cannot be the parent of a text box. The only container for the text box inside the ribbon is a ribbon group. You should select a ribbon group in the designer to make your text box visible in the toolbox. As for the Validating event, the ribbon control is more like a menu so the Validating event is not supported for the standard controls inside the ribbon, you can subscribe the text box LostFocus event instead.

Kip Ping Dec 17, 2009 - 6:37 AM

I have a custom textbox that I created.  If I go to a standard windows form it is available as a component in the toolbox.  When I click on an area of the ribbon bar though, that component disappears so that I cannot drag it onto the ribbon.

Technical Support Nov 24, 2009 - 4:31 PM

Yes, using the UserControl inside the ribbon group is supported. How the problem manifests itself?