Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Strange behavior with inherited form Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Achim Schäfer Apr 6, 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hi,
I’m trying vers. 1.1 and get some strange error when using the ribbon with an inherited form.

I’ve a form called "baseForm" which has a ribbon and a tabpage (with some controls for login and other common tasks) and other forms inherited from that form.

As long as I do not add commands to the base form buttons I can call up the inherited form in design mode - but having added commands (e.g. for the login button on the base form) Visual Studio (Team Suite with SP1, english version) gives me the following error:

"An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Elegant.Ui.CommandManager.RegisterCommand(Command command) "

But I can compile and start the project and run the inherited form w/o any errors - only design view isn’t possible (but that makes work a little hard *g*).

Any idea?

I already tried to modiy the ApplicationCommands.cs file by putting the new constructors from definition to a static constructor surrounded by try-catch but w/o success.

TIA by the Handball Association of Bavaria
Achim

Technical Support Apr 10, 2007 - 8:49 AM

We are sorry but we failed to reproduce the problem. Would you send us a test project that demonstrates this?