Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Short Cut keys Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Pronay Sharma Nov 17, 2008 - 2:57 AM

Hi,
How do I set shortcut keyboard controls to directly access any control (viz. textBox) placed on the ribbon?

I tried setting keyTips to all controls. It is happening. But the problem is after a particular control is getting selected, I have to re-use my mouse and click on the ribbon to make Alt and Cntrl+Key combination to work.
Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks
Pronay

Technical Support Nov 23, 2008 - 8:24 AM

When you start using the keyboard to navigate over the controls, key tips become hidden. After that the keyboard navigation is only available. If the focus is set to a text box control, you can press Esc key to bring the ribbon control back to focus.

Technical Support Nov 17, 2008 - 10:49 AM

The KeyTips should work exactly like in Office 2007 Ribbon applications. We have an article with this regard: http://www.prof-uis.com/elegant-ribbon/tech-support/feature-articles/keyboard-navigation-with-keytips.aspx? Did you happen to read this article?

Pronay Sharma Nov 17, 2008 - 8:50 PM

Yes I read this article and did the same way. It is happening also but there is one problem I am facing.

After using KeyTips for tabs and controls inside them, I am able to navigate to a specific control. But when I enter a textBox using keyboard , the focus is set to the textBox and to make these keyTips to work again, I have to bring the Ribbon back in focus by clicking on it.

Is there a work around? I don’t want to click on the Ribbon every time to bring it to focus.

Thanks
Pronay