Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Ribbongroup Informativeness Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Mark Matthews Mar 13, 2009 - 11:46 AM

Is it possible to tell the ribbon which controls and/or ribbongroups to resize first when the form is being resized?  For example, if I have three ribbongroups and I shrink the form width, controls inside the first ribbongroup start resizing first.  I would like the third ribbongroup to resize first.

Thanks

Zaharia Octavian Dec 17, 2009 - 3:48 AM

I have a question regarding ribbon group informativeness. How can I indicate the order to change the informativeness level of the buttons inside a group. For example I want to collapse first the right most ones in the group. Is it possible?

Or is it possible to define different variants of the group layout like the ones in the Microsoft guidelines paragraph "DEFINING GROUPS FOR RIBBON RESIZING". There it say that I can define/select some group collapse stages. Is this possible?

Best regards,

Dexter

Technical Support Dec 17, 2009 - 11:44 AM

Unfortunately this feature is not supported. We understand that it may be reasonable in some cases to tune up in which order controls inside a particular group is collapsed. We will consider to add it in one of the next releases. Thank you for your suggestion.

Mark Matthews Mar 23, 2009 - 1:43 PM

OK - thanks.

Technical Support Mar 19, 2009 - 8:56 AM

You cannot control the order of how the groups are resized. The groups are shrinking depending on the average informativeness level of child controls. But you still can freeze some groups by specifying a fixed informativeness level.