Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Ribbon issues : gallery button and easy skin Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Alexandre MUTEL Mar 20, 2008 - 5:59 AM

I’m evaluating the Ribbon product. It looks great.

However, i have right now two issues :

1) About the gallery control

I’m trying to create a dropdown gallery with a button with an image on a form (directly with the gallery control and the informativeness property), but i’m not able to put an image left align to the left on the drop down button. The image always appears on the center behind the text on the button. This behaviour is different if you have the gallery on the ribbon : here, you can align the image on the left; top...etc.

Is it a bug or a missing feature? It would be great to have a simple way to specifiy the image alignement on a dropdown gallery button.

2) About the Skin

It seems to be possible to modify skin, but the save method on SkinManager crashes and the resulting xml file is not very human-modifiable (lots of binary structure). Will you provide a simple way to edit skin? It would be nice to be able to change easely the Skin just with a single main color (as DotNetBar Ribbon control for example works).

Thanks for your support.

Technical Support Mar 21, 2008 - 9:51 AM

1.    The properties of a gallery drop-down cannot be changed at the moment because we tried to make the gallery API as generic as possible. We will solve this problem for the next release.

2.    Visual themes cannot be customized. We use bitmap-based themes (instead of painting lines and filling areas with gradients) to get exactly the same look as in Microsoft Office.