Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Problem with minimizing and maximizing the ribbon when the quick access toolbar is below the ribbon. Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Wojciech Kaszowski Dec 7, 2009 - 8:34 AM

Removed by Admin because of bad formatting.

Technical Support Dec 7, 2009 - 11:46 AM

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately we failed to reproduce what you have reported. At least we cannot reproduce the problem with Ribbon UI sample. May it be that there is some specific context that causes this behavior? Could you elaborate on this?

Wojtek K Dec 8, 2009 - 2:17 AM

1. The quick access toolbar is above the ribbon...

... and I can minimize and maximize the ribbon correctly.

2. Now I put the quick access bar below the ribbon.

3. I can minimize the ribbon

but when I’m trying to maximize it again the error occurs

Technical Support Dec 8, 2009 - 9:33 AM

Thank you for the details. We would like to ask you to check if you are using the version available from our web site:

ElegantRibbonSetup-v.3.3.0.exe (32,114,515 bytes)

The thing is that, using the above version, we cannot reproduce the bug.

Wojtek K Dec 9, 2009 - 2:28 AM

Thank you for your advice!

I’ve downloaded the setup you recommended and the error doesn’t occur.

Previously I was using also 3.3 version but the setup file was ElegantRibbonSetup-v.3.3.exe (32 116 716 bytes).

Wojtek K Dec 7, 2009 - 8:40 AM

if it is possible delete the previous post please.... (unfortunately I did not turn html editor off)...

I’m trying now the 3.3 version (earlier I was using the 3.1 version and there was no problem with maximizing/minimizing).

When I put the quick access toolbar below the ribbon there is a problem with maximizing the ribbon. When I first click the ribbon tab title the whole ribbon control is turn minimized (standard action) and then I click tab title again and expected action is to maximize whole ribbon... unexpectedly there an error is shown:

System.ArgumentException: Element ’child’ nie jest formantem podrzędnym dla tego formantu.
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.GetChildIndex(Control child, Boolean throwException)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.GetChildIndex(Control child)
w Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.set_Minimized(Boolean value)
w Elegant.Ui.RibbonTab.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
w Elegant.Ui.Control.Elegant.Ui.IControlInternal.InvokeDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
w Elegant.Ui.Control.OnDoubleClick(IControlInternal control, EventArgs e)
w Elegant.Ui.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)