Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » NavigationBar Component in version Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Anton Maroukha Jan 17, 2008 - 7:12 AM

Hi, I’ve downloaded an evalution version 2.2 of Elegant Ribbon. Among others there is a control named NavigationBar.
In its description it’s written: "Represents a control that allows the user to navigate between content sections".

Is there some more detailed of this control.
What I managed to do is to add buttons and separators between them - as I understood in such way the sections are created.
Is there some more functionality in this control. I actualy need a control which will provide sliding sections with some other controls in them.

Technical Support Jan 17, 2008 - 9:30 AM

This control is designed to be simple and it can be used when you need options dialogs, property pages and so on. You can regard it as a tab control with a richer view. So this control doesn’t support any sections, sliding, etc. The features you are talking about are more suitable for a control like Toolbox and OutlookBar. These controls provide expandable sections functionality only, any control can be placed into a section (for example, a NavigationBar). We plan to implement these controls in next versions.

Please note that the separator control can display a text label. You can learn how to achieve this from this article. This can help you categorize buttons in a NavigationBar.