Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » mouse events on the elegant.ui.tabcontrol Collapse All
Subject Author Date
martyn jones Sep 7, 2009 - 3:38 PM

Hi

I can’t get any of the mouse events to fire on the elegant.ui.tabcontrol, such as click, mousedown, mousehover, mousemove.

What i want is to determine which tab within the control the user is hovering over so that i can edit a context menu so that its tab specific before its pulled up on right click. Therefore i dont want to use any tabpage events (although the tabpage events dont fire on the tab itself either)

The microsoft site says that these events dont work without a tabpage in the control, but maybe they mean that they just dont work at all and the tabpage events take over - i do have multiple tabpages in my tabcontrol at design time and runtime though.  Should probably check a MS tabcontrol too, but I prefer using the elegant.ui one.

Any ideas what i could do? I cant even use a form_mouse event because even thats not firing when the mouse is over the tabcontrol.

Any help would be really gratefully received!

martyn jones Sep 8, 2009 - 4:01 AM

OK, I checked that the mouse events do work on the actual tabs of the standard tabcontrol and they do, so this is specific to the elegant.ui.tabcontrol.

I’ve noticed that theres a number of bugs with the tabcontrol that you say will be fixed in the upcoming release. Therefore I was just wondering if these event handler issues are known and may be fixed as well?

Technical Support Sep 8, 2009 - 1:14 PM

Thank you for the bug report. We will certainly fix it and add the possibility to track tab control tabs. We are preparing the new version to be released this month.