Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » MessageBox replacement Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Richard Warriner Apr 28, 2010 - 5:47 AM

Hi

I am currently considering purchasing the Ribbon control. I especially like the fact that you also get replacement controls for the rest of my application.

One thing which seems to be missing is a replacement for the MessageBox

It seems a shame to have an application with consistent theme only to use the standard grey error dialog

Maybe you could add this for a future version?

Also, when applying themes to controls, do you have a "theme manager" control that handles the entire application easily or do I have to do it on a form by form basis?

Thanks

Richard

Richard Warriner Apr 28, 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for that reply.

Do you also have your own overridden "form" to maintain a consistent look and feel?

Technical Support Apr 28, 2010 - 11:02 AM

Actually no but you can easily make a form theme consistent using Elegant.Ui.Panel for its background and Elegant.Ui.FormFrameSkinner for its non-client area. All these components are present in the designer.

Technical Support Apr 28, 2010 - 10:12 AM

Thank you for your interest in Elegant Ribbon.

The themed message box will be added soon in version 3.7 or 3.8.

There is a class (SkinManager) that deals with the themes. You can use its SkinManager.LoadEmbeddedTheme(EmbeddedTheme theme, Product product) method in order to change the current theme. You can learn more from this article.

Richard Warriner Apr 28, 2010 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for that reply.

Do you also have your own overridden "form" to maintain a consistent look and feel?

Richard Warriner Apr 28, 2010 - 11:28 AM

So I have almost everything i need for my app apart from datagridview. I assume to get a same looking datagrid i need to purchase your elegant grid control?

Maybe you have a grid that is teh same as the standard grid but with extra theme support but no new features?

I cannot afford to purchase both controls at this time :(