Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Maximizing a form covers the windows task bar Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Mark Kamenetsky Apr 1, 2010 - 12:56 PM

When I maximize a from that has the elegant ribbon, it goes to full screen mode.  Is there a way to maximize it without covering the windows task bar?

Using c# on an XP machine.

Technical Support Jun 29, 2010 - 9:54 AM

We already fixed some problems related to this issue in the previous versions. What version of Elegant Ui are you using?

Zaharia Octavian Jun 29, 2010 - 11:52 PM

Now I am using v3.6. Do you say that this was an issue in v3.5.

Dexter

Technical Support Jun 30, 2010 - 3:34 AM

Sorry. We fixed this bug after version 3.6 was released. You can download an updated assembly that should resolve the issue. We sent this same assembly to Mark and it seemed to fix the problem.

Zaharia Octavian Jun 30, 2010 - 3:54 AM

Thanks for the response and the updated assembly. I will wait for an official release of the elegant ribbon component. Until then it is possible to tell me how to reproduce the problem in a constant manner, because until now this problem occurred only by accident, I could not reproduced exactly. This will help me see the problem now and to see if the problem is fixed when the new release is available and to see if there are no conflicts with other products I am using.

Best regards,

Dexter

Technical Support Jun 30, 2010 - 4:28 AM

Unfortunately there is no exact way of reproducing this bug. It appeared on some machines and didn’t on others.

Mark Kamenetsky Apr 7, 2010 - 11:32 AM

Still having the same issue.  I have Windows XP, Version 5.1, SP3. 

Tried it on a couple of machines.  Same problem on both.

Technical Support Apr 2, 2010 - 12:04 PM

What you have reported looks like an issue but we failed to reproduce it. Could you let us know if your task bar in auto hide mode? Does this problem happen with our sample applications? Could you send us a screenshot demonstrating the issue? Do you have the task bar’s "Always on top" turned on on your machine?

Mark Kamenetsky Apr 2, 2010 - 7:10 PM

Your sample apps behave the same way.

Task bar is set to "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows"

"Auto Hide" is off.

Zaharia Octavian Jun 29, 2010 - 6:36 AM

Hi Mark,

I am investigating the same problem. The only difference is that on my machine this is not so easy to reproduce. Did you find any answer or solution to it? Please let me know

Best regards,

Dexter

Technical Support Apr 5, 2010 - 6:31 AM

We tested our Ribbon UI sample on the following configuration and failed to reproduce the problem:

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Keep the taskbar on top of other windows is On
Auto Hide is Off

So we assume there must be something specific to your Windows XP configuration that we did not take into account while running the test.