Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » I have version 3.1 of Ribbon, and we found a Memory Leak using Elegant Buttons Collapse All
Subject Author Date
John Leyva Jun 11, 2009 - 11:22 AM

I have a example code, and instructions to show a Memory leak problem with the Elegant.Button. If it is already resolve a wish to receive the updated version or fix.

We have a licensed version.

If you the the example, please provide me instructions to send you the Vs 2005 project.

Best Regards

John Leyva

John Leyva Jun 17, 2009 - 8:05 AM

The leak happends with .net objects that aren’t collected becouse it just contains an Elegant.UI.Button, the button do not need to have events attached. I have a very simple isolated example of the problem. Initially I detected the problem throught the WinDbg.

I want to send this example, and maybe you have already a Fix, or it help you to find a solution or a Workaround.

Technical Support Jun 21, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Thank you for the test project. We run it and have not found any memory leaks when permanently creating and destroying the Elegant.Ui.Button. In the new 3.2 version we fixed some bugs related to the system resources utilization. We hope v.3.2 will be released tomorrow. So please check if the problem persists with the new version.

John Leyva Jun 23, 2009 - 2:36 PM

Did you follow exactly the steps in the readme.htm, becouse i just test it, and i see the same behavior. We expect that the life managment of the Elegant.Ui.Button be the same as the standard button, and what we see is that when it is contained, its parent can be collected, but with the stantard Button just the precense does not unable the gc of the parent control.

I will download and test the new version, i am not sure, but if we licence the version 3.1, we need to pay anything for the 3.2

Thanks

John

John Leyva Jun 24, 2009 - 2:55 PM

I tested today the version 3.2, and have the same behavior.

Please let me know if you follow exactly the instructions in the readme, and if you find something that must be do it with the Elegant controls to do the right managment. But initially for a button i expect just need to do the same managment that a standard button.

Regards

John

John Leyva Jul 6, 2009 - 2:25 PM

Hi,

There is any advance in this case?

Thanks

John

Technical Support Jul 13, 2009 - 12:15 PM

We finally resolved the memory management issue. Now your sample doesn’t show any leaks. Thank you for your help with this. You can download the updated version from this site. Do not forget to add the updated assemblies to the GAC. Thank you again.

Technical Support Jul 7, 2009 - 3:53 AM

We reproduced the reported bug so it should be fixed soon.We will notify you as soon as it is fixed. Thank you.

Technical Support Jun 18, 2009 - 6:20 AM

Would you send us the example to support@prof-uis.com? We will look into what may be wrong and provide a solution. Thank you.

Technical Support Jun 12, 2009 - 2:02 PM

It is not clear what memory leaks you mean. How did you determined that there are some leaks? Do you mean GDI object leaks?